On behalf of Management, we are delighted to share you having the opportunity to experience the extraordinary Nyepi or Silence Day, also known as Balinese New Year Caka 1939. Please allow us to provide some information of the activities and regulation during this special day:
- Monday, March 27th, 2017 starts at 18.00, villagers all over Bali will exorcise the evil spirit (Bhuta Kala) with offering called Caru in main road, this will be followed with raucous of monster ogoh-ogoh with banging gong, bamboo etc called Pengerupukan, this spiritual significant purposed to drive out evils spirits.
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017 is Nyepi Day or Silence Day, starts at 06.00 today for 24 hours by legally enforced by community officially that all Balinese and everyone else who are in Bali are expected to stay inside of home or villa and also observe four kind of abstinence called Brata Penyepian:
- No fire or light (Amati Geni).
- No music or loud (Amati Lelanguan).
- No work or activity (Amati Karya).
- No trip or travelling (Amati Lelungaan).
- During the Nyepi or Silence Day certainly will affect the internal operation of the villa and here is the following special sensitive tradition and obligation must adhere to:
- Requested to not leave the villa between midnight Monday, March 27th 2017 till 06.00 Wednesday, March 29th
- Minimize all lighting and ensure the window curtains are fully closed before turning the interior lights on.
- Keep noise to minimum.
- Kindly recommended to order either meal or drink in advance (a day before) for breakfast, lunch and especially for dinner should be finished by 18.30.
We do express our high gratitude for your kind understanding. May this become the best way of creating peaceful life. Save the world for a day, Happy Silence Day, and Happy Holiday.
Thank you for your kind attention and we highly appreciated your kindest understanding of our local customs.